Monday 8 April 2013

Take Time Out to Relax, Refuel, Renew, Reflect & Plan!

Hiya! It has been one extremely busy yet exciting term, hence my lack of blog posts - aiming to add a few more though this week!

So, I am currently sitting in Manchester Airport, waiting on a flight to Belfast after a wonderful week in Morocco - doing nothing. Absolutely zilch. It was...bliss. And just what I needed to recharge my batteries!

Even though I have another full week off, I am feeling revitalised and full of energy to plan, prepare and experiment setting up a new VLE for implementation with our Using ICT staff - feeling very excited about getting organised!

When reading an article about how to develop as a professional, Theresa Cooper makes valid points regarding the need to Relax, Refuel, Renew, Reflect and Plan. She comments:
“You are in a profession that recognizes more than most the need for “time out.”  Yet many teachers don’t take advantage of the breaks to them.  As a result, they lose their enthusiasm and energy for what they are doing.  When opportunities arise, make a point of using them.  Take time to plan ahead, and revitalize your teaching and your life. “ 
http://teachersnetwork.org/ntny/nychelp/Professional_Development/relax.htm

That's what I have been doing for the past week and I feel very ready to be creative, innovative, inspiring to my pupils and highly organised - beginning right now as I await my flight :)

Remember, to develop as a professional and be the best you can be, dont run the risk of burning out, instead take time out to Relax, Refuel, Renew, Reflect and Plan!

A :) x

1 comment:

  1. Looks like the perfect place to recharge the batteries. I agree whole-heartedly with your post. We all need to learn to work smarter rather than harder. Taking time to relax, refuel,review and rejuvenate are all necessary components of working smarter.Glad you had a good break and looking forward to what you do best in the new term :)

    ReplyDelete